Mt Hotham Alpine Resort is situated on Crown Land that is managed by the Mount Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board (MHARMB). The MHARMB is a State Government statutory authority that provides a similar range of services to councils, including the management of water, waste and sewerage, and the provision of public facilities and economic development activities.
MHARMB was established by Section 34 of the Alpine Resorts (Management) Act 1997. Consistent with the Act, MHARMB’s core functions are broadly defined as follows:
- Manage the resort and strategically plan for sustainable development;
- Market the resort, promoting year-round alpine experiences that drive usage;
- Attract resort investment to stimulate ongoing resort improvement;
- Maintain and preserve the unique alpine environment;
- Deliver essential resort services;
- Manage and protect the Crown asset, including granting leases and licenses;
- A board must perform its functions in an environmentally sound way.
MHARMB sits as a portfolio entity within the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP), accountable to the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change.
MHARMB subscribes to the seven public sector values that guide the actions of all staff operating in this sector: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect, leadership and human rights. We are also committed to genuinely partner, and meaningfully engage, with Victoria’s Traditional Owners and Aboriginal communities to support the protection of Country, the maintenance of spiritual and cultural practices and their broader aspirations in the 21st century and beyond.
MHARMB is also guided by its own organisational values that influence all its strategic and operational efforts:
- Innovation - A commitment to driving continual growth and improvements both organisationally and across the broader resort offering.
- Collaboration – Working as a strong team and collectively with Government, industry and stakeholders to achieve common resort goals.
- Communication – Maintaining timely, transparent and two-way engagement across staff and stakeholders to optimise resort outcomes.