Building Standards of Occupancy Guidelines
All buildings within the Mt Hotham resort must comply with current building legislation (Building Act 1993) & Building Regulations 2018.
An inspection will be undertaken by the Municipal Building Surveyor and a report provided to lessees for the further consideration and/or subsequent action. The inspection and report will be at the RMB's cost. The Building Standards of Occupancy inspections are part of your lease obligations at Mt Hotham.
The Building Standards of Occupancy cover:
- Essential Safety Meaures - this covers frequency of inspection and relevant test standard of building elements required to satisfy prescribed fire resistance levels, and materials and assemblies required to satisfy prescribed fire hazard properties. Please see the Essential Safety Measures page for more information [link]
- Annual Essential Safety Measures Report - to be supplied by the Tenant to the Landlord before each winter season. Please see the Essential Safety Measures page for more information
- Fire and Life Safety
- Bushfire Compliance - minimum level under AS 3959-2009 "Constuction of buildings in bushfire prone areas." and Board's Bushfire Protection Compliance Guidelines.
- Building Standards of Occupancy
- Smoke Detectors and Alarm System
- Fire Sprinklers (if applicable) and
- Timeframe for compliance
Listed in the Alpine Standard Lease Part 11, Clause 11.3 and Part 12, Clauses 12.1 & 12.2 are the reference to these inspections and reporting.
These inspections are conducted on a three yearly cycle.
An audit on the buildings FECA (Fully Enclosed Covered Area) is also conducted during the Building Standards of Occupancy Inspections.