Permission to film at Mt Hotham
Mt Hotham Resort Management welcomes enquiries from media and production companies about using the Mt Hotham resort area as a filming location.
There is no fee required, but the following guidelines must be followed to ensure that all filming aligns with our brand and corporate values, and that resort and visitor safety and amenity are not impacted.
1. Mt Hotham Resort Management currently holds a sponsorship agreement with Subaru, therefore will not approve any filming requests from other vehicle brands. Any company that shoots footage with the Mt Hotham branding for a rival vehicle brand may be subject to ejection from the resort area and a fine, under the Resort Management’s powers as outlined in the Alpine Resorts (Management) Regulations 2020, sections 16-17, and 57.
2. During winter, filming requests that require closure of the Great Alpine Road or traffic management will not be approved, due to the high volume of traffic during the declared winter season and the substantially increased safety risk for drivers in the winter weather/environmental conditions. Anyone breaching this directive may be subject to ejection from the resort area and a fine, under the Resort Management’s powers as outlined in the Alpine Resorts (Management) Regulations 2020, sections 16-17, and 57.
3. For all other filming requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, including the following information:
1. Purpose of the shoot
2. Benefit to the Mt Hotham Resort
3. Date and time of filming
4. Location of filming
5. Traffic impact if filming in summer (see point 2 above for winter filming)
6. Contact details for person managing the shoot