Mt Hotham Resort Management collects waste and recycling throughout the resort all year round, and works in partnership with NevRWaste and the community to reduce solid waste within the resort and implement best practice management techniques.
An active recycling program has seen the amount of collected compacted recyclables double between 2002 and 2010. When disposing of your rubbish please follow the following guidelines.
- General waste for landfill into clear red bags
- Co-mingle recyclable materials (inc glass) into clear bags with black writing
- Food and organic materials into opaque compostable corn starch bags
- Cardboard must be flattened and bundled either in a clear bag or by taping.
Why separate rubbish and recyclables?
Keeping our waste separated makes it easier to ensure that recyclable or compostable materials don't end up in landfill.
Full details about what can go into each bag are on the posters below. Please contact the Resort Management office on email@example.com if you require a supply of bags or printed copies of the posters for your property.
Bags must be double knotted, tied and disposed of in designated garbage hutchs within the village. Cardboard must be flattened before being disposed of in the garbage hutchs.
- Please think of OH&S and do not make bags too heavy for our garbage collection staff to lift.
- No hard waste or building waste should be left in our rubbish hutches. Paint cans, building materials, whitegoods and furniture cannot be collected. You will need to arrange transportation of such waste to suitable tip sites at Omeo or Bright. Please contact the Resort Management for assistance with this.