The Hotham Base is currently closed to the public while utilities works are under way.
Public toilets are available at Wire Plain and the Transit Station (under the RMB office) in Hotham Village.
Hotham Alpine Base Function Centre
Hotham Alpine Base (affectionately known as the Moth for its architectural design resembling the endemic Bogong moth) is a versatile function space on Mt Hotham. Situated in the tranquility of Whiskey Flat, the Hotham Alpine Base is suitable for a variety of uses.
Featuring a flexible meeting and function space, seating for up to 60, with kitchen and bathroom facilities, Hotham Alpine Base is ideal for meetings, private functions, training sessions and events.
The Base sits within the Biathlon range, providing a unique amphitheater backdrop for year round activities.
Hotham Alpine Base offers a functional meeting, event space and outdoor activity venue in summer and winter.
- Seating /chairs and tables for up to 60
- Large digital screen
- Kitchen / fridge / urn / kettle / pie warmer
- Public change rooms
- Public bathroom and showers
- Outdoor amphitheater suitable for live music, market stalls or sporting events
Mt Hotham’s on mountain businesses offer a range of catering options, including continuous tea, coffee and water stations, morning and afternoon tea, all using great local suppliers.
Lunch can be served in one of our great restaurants, or you can choose from a prepacked or buffet lunch, perfect for a speedy option in a busy day. Our caterers can tailor a menu to suit your group’s requirements.
Mt Hotham caters for all tastes and budgets ranging from basic hostel style accommodation and self contained apartments, to private lodges and luxurious alpine retreats. Many properties offer great group rates, and will create accommodation and conferencing packages tailored to your specific group needs. Head to the website to review our accommodation options mthotham.com.au.
Fees (incl GST)
Full day hire $700
Half day $400
Post event cleaning fee (held as bond) $200
- Includes event set up and pack down (chairs / tables / catering equipment / heating / rubbish removal).
- Please note this does not include post event clean up. Event managers must leave dishes washed, rubbish in bins and floors swept.
- Post event cleaning fee will be retained if venue requires cleaning as above.
- Not-for-profit and community groups may be eligible for a discounted rate – please contact to discuss
- To discuss your conference, meeting, or event at Hotham Alpine Base, and to arrange quotes and pricing, please contact the Visitor Services team
- 03 5759 4011